O’Connors is a firm of business lawyers and advisers that helps clients accomplish extraordinary and lasting results. Its unique blend of corporate, commercial, insurance and regulatory advice and its ability to provide clear thinking and ground-breaking solutions enables clients to manage risks in crucial projects and transactions, wherever in the world they are doing business.
The firm works across all sectors but has special experience of working with legal businesses, insurance businesses and investment funds and serves local, national and international clients from its Liverpool and London business hubs. www.oconnors.law
O’Connors Legal Services Limited (O’Connors) is seeking to recruit a senior corporate transaction lawyer (Associate Solicitor) to join its growing team in Liverpool.
Role & Responsibilities
- Associate Solicitor
- Senior corporate transaction lawyer
- Taking lead responsibility for corporate transactions from initial enquiry to work scoping, fee pricing, client engagement, internal & external team selection, people management, project planning, project management, lead advice, cost control, client communication and post transaction de-briefing.
- Handling all forms of corporate transactions from start-ups to exits, including acquisitions, disposals, mergers, funding, private equity investment, restructures and joint ventures.
- Participating in our weekly sales & marketing meeting to provide updates and contributing marketing ideas to enhance our market profile and generate new business.
- Making a positive contribution to the personal development of other members of the team.
- Assisting with our key client and referrer relationship program.
Personal & professional qualities
- Circa 5-7 years’ PQE as an all-round corporate lawyer.
- Experience of handling transactions in one or more of our areas of sector specialism (legal businesses, insurance businesses & investment funds) would be advantageous.
- Experience of banking law and private equity funding would be advantageous.
- Excellent time management and task management skills.
- Commercially-focused strategic thinker.
- Knowledge of sales, marketing and business development processes.
- Well organised with drive, enthusiasm and confidence to engage with members of the team at all levels.
- Professional and credible communicator.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision.
- Active team player.
Competitive salary, benefits, holidays and working arrangements.
How to apply
To apply, in strictest confidence, please contact John Spofforth at email@example.com attaching your CV and a covering letter.