A leisurely stroll that mixes fresh air, street art & great views with the history of the town founded by a merchant called James Atherton
GRADE: VERY EASY - walk lasts 2 hours
Welcome to Freshwalks, bringing together North West business people in the great outdoors in association with Professional Liverpool. This time we are heading to the coastal town of New Brighton for the first time and delighted to be collaborating with Margo Storey (Heart of Liverpool Tours) for this tour experience. It will only take a couple of hours and please do bring an optional packed lunch to enjoy on the seafront at the end of the walk.
Please park at New Brighton Retail Park car park (Kings Parade, CH45 2HZ) and meet us (from 10.45am) near the benches out on the promenade (Ian Fraser Walk) behind Bubbles World of Play next to the Model Boating Lake.
• The town of New Brighton was a premier holiday resort in the 50's and 60's for the North West
• The site of the tower which housed a circus, was taller than Blackpool tower and had performers including the Beatles and Jerry Lee Lewis
• Great views of Liverpool
• The mermaid trail and Vale Park
• Fort Perch Rock - a coastal defence battery built between 1825 and 1829. It was built to protect the Port of Liverpool and as a fortified lighthouse
• The Street wall art - works from both local and international street artists commissioned in 2018
10:45 Meeting - Ian Fraser Walk (behind Bubbles World of Play)
11:00 New Brighton tour starts
13:00 Picnic lunch on the seafront
Your walk leader is Margo Storey and you can find out more about Heart of Liverpool Tours on this website here.