We look forward to seeing you all for a Professional Liverpool bike ride. Hopefully the weather holds (forecast looks OK at the moment) but, unless it’s horrendously wet and windy, the aim will be to carry on.
The URLs for the route are: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/20726451 or https://ridewithgps.com/trips/22743957
A couple of comments on the route:
- After about 1.5 miles, the route will try to make us turn right in to the pub where we end. Sadly, we have another 40 miles to go before the pub so we won’t turn right here and will instead carry straight on.
- Just before 7 miles and at about 36.5 miles, we pass under Weighbridge Road but the Garmin route seems a bit sketchy on this so we just need to be aware at that point.
Other useful info:
- Meet at Hooton Station, aiming to set off at c.12.30pm
- Complete a circular route of c.42 miles via North Wales to finish at c.4.30pm
- You will need a bike, helmet, suitable clothing as well as the usual spares you would carry on your Sunday ride (tubes, pump, etc). We will not have access to spares on the day.
- We will look to average around 12-15 mph
- Most people will have Garmins or equivalents but we will welcome those without (assuming you can keep up with a route-master)
- There is a planned stop/regroup/refuel at around 22 miles at the Cilcain Community Shop
- We will end at Pollards Inn in Willaston for refreshments.
- More information in the attached document
This year we have also secured membership with Cycling UK, where our membership gives you peace of mind insurance, discounts in cycle shops, and ideas/groups for rides and routes. Contact the PL team to find out more!
To register, click here.
Other Cycle Day Dates:
5 July in West Lancs
13 September tbc